Dear Friends and Members of the ISJAC Community,
I’m pumped! Oh, the last couple of years have certainly been challenging, to say the least. However, in addition to just receiving a very robust number of applicants to present at the upcoming Jazz Composers’ Symposium, look at all ISJAC has accomplished in 20/21.
- Funding/launching new commissioning program “Fundamental Freedoms”
- Return of the Jazz Composers’ Symposium in May 2022 with an amazing line-up: Terri Lyne Carrington, Jim McNeely, Miguel Zenon, Miho Hazama, & John Clayton.
- “Un[Chart]ed Territory” – last March this free, virtual gathering of over 500 ISJAC promoted interactions amongst our community & incredible guest artists.
- Our redesigned website now allows members to create their own profiles – sharing scores, recordings, and more with the ISJAC community and the world.
- New Consortium member institutions & an expanded ISJAC Board have enhanced our vision, global outreach, diversity, and capacity to more the society forward.
We’ve also got a new membership model as I wrote to you about this summer. So… although we typically come to you this time of year asking for donations & support… this year I’m going to change the script. I’m going to ask you to support ISJAC first and foremost by simply joining as a fully paid member. That’s right…
JUST JOIN! But do it NOW!!!!
And while you’re at it–please ask a friend or colleague to join us as well. It’s only $45/year…less than $4 a month…and supports the organization that seeks to advance our profession and ultimately seek to serve you!
Already joined?!? Thank you!
Of course, If you have the capacity to give a bit more, I hope you’ll consider joining ISJAC’s Producers Circle with an additional donation. You can even direct your gift to a specific ISJAC program should you so choose, including:
- Fundamental Freedoms Commission for Women Jazz Composers
- Prize for Emerging Black Composers
- Owen Prize
- Jazz Composers’ Symposium
- ISJAC General Fund
No gift is too small! Make a one-time donation or take advantage of convenient monthly automatic contributions that are effortless and painless. We’re also happy to accept gifts of stock and discuss planned giving options. Just contact the ISJAC office for assistance. Every gift matters!!! Thanks for your support!
As I noted last year…We want to do MORE!!! We CAN do more! But we need YOUR help!