Chuck Owen talks about characterizing a melody like an author to create compelling melodies, how to use the differences between improvisation and composition, and gives access to his motive sheet and formal analysis for his piece, "Warped Cowboy."
Recent Posts by
Recent Comments by
- May 1, 2019 on Rich DeRosa: MIDI mock-ups – their effective use in jazz.
- April 30, 2019 on Rich DeRosa: MIDI mock-ups – their effective use in jazz.
- February 25, 2018 on Adam Benjamin on Jazz Composition
- November 5, 2017 on Fred Hersch: A Composition Exercise to Try Today
- November 5, 2017 on Rick Lawn: Lessons I’ve Learned